There are lots of things you can do every day to improve the health of your teeth. Things like flossing daily, drinking more water, and avoiding sugar can be great ways to help.
Here’s a list of healthy food:
- Cheese: eating cheese raises the pH in the people’s mouths and lowers the risk of tooth decay. It also contains calcium and protein nutrients that strengthen tooth enamel.
- Yoghurt: is also high in calcium and protein. If you decide to add more yoghurt to your diet, choose a plain variety with no added sugar.
- Leafy greens: they are full of vitamins and minerals while being low in calories. Leafy greens such as kale and spinach also promote oral health.
- Apples: fruits, such as apples, might be sweet, but they’re also high in fibre and water. The action of eating an apple produces saliva in your mouth, which rinses away bacteria and food particles.
- Carrots: eating a handful of raw carrots at the end of the meal increases saliva production in your mouth, which reduces your risk of cavities.
- Almonds: almonds are great for your teeth because they are a good source of calcium and protein while being low in sugar.
Ask our dentists on your next visit what changes you can make to help your teeth look and feel their best.